Pahadi house – Eco farm and Yoga retreat, Chamba, Uttarakhand.
“Real freedom lies in wildness, not in civilization.” – Charles Lindbergh
Given a choice to stretch your arms and float in the air, will you say a NO? Or allowing the wind to gently kiss your cheeks, play with your hair, will you refrain from it? Pahadi House gives you a lifetime experience to “be yourself”. Away from the “busy” and “hectic” life schedule, spending moments in the lap of mother nature, you instantly connect with your soul. You wake up to witness God’s most beautiful creation all around by simply peeking out from the window of your room.
Yes. It all happens here.
Making of Pahadi House – An Eco-Friendly farm stay
In June 2013, when Kedarnath floods devastated all that came in its way, a thriving rafting resort at Rishikesh was also devoured by the relentless flood waves. The owners, two young guys hailing from Uttarakhand, had put all they had into the rafting business. The floods may have devastated their business; however, their unflinching will to succeed against all the odds grew even stronger. Together, they came up with the idea of Pahadi House – an eco-friendly farm stay that has since become a torch-bearer for promoting yoga, adventure tourism, rural tourism, eco-tourism, etc in Uttarakhand.
Pahadi House is located amidst Pine forest at a secluded hill meadow. The property offers magnificent and breathtaking views of mountains, forests, clouds, starlit night sky. Pahadi House is located off-road 1 km from Danda chali village. Vehicles can reach upto 500 meters via offroad. 10 minutes of hiking through the pine forest from parking will make you reach Pahadi house.
FLAVORS FOR TRAVELERS AT PAHADI HOUSE
- Wellness, Yoga & Ayurveda
Adventure & Leisure Activities
- Water Sports at Tehri lake.
- Day Treks/ hikes
- River Rafting Expeditions in Rishikesh
Himalayan Local Culture
- Local Uttarakhandi Culture
- Organic Farming
- Village Tours
PAHADI HOUSE USPs
- Attached washrooms in all accommodation units with running water. Hot water is available on request
- Camp area dedicated for lodging & food, yoga, reading and to do nothing.
- Dedicated dining hut for food and relaxing.
- Indoor activities like playing cards, etc.
- All toiletries like soap, shampoo, oil, etc
- Basic first aid.
- When to come: September to June
- Getting There – The Pahadi house is located 10 km from Chamba town of Uttarakhand. One has to take Ranichauri road from Chamba intersection to reach Dandi Challi village. From Dandi Challi, one has to take offroad of about 500 meters to reach the parking of Pahadi house. From thereon, one has to trek 5-10 minutes through a forest trail to reach Pahadi house.
What to Pack
- Light clothing, sunscreen, a jumper for cooler evenings
- In winters, heavy woollen is required.
Things to do
- Yoga retreat courses of 4/5/7/15 days
- Meditation and wellness programmes
- Adventures activities such as water sports, rafting, trekking, etc
- Organic farming, local village tours and experiencing local Uttarakhandi culture.
- Nature and astrophotography.
Places to see nearby
- Tehri Lake is 45 minutes driving distance from Pahadi house
- Rishikesh is 70 km from Pahadi house.